Rochester Criminal Defense Attorney
DWI, drug possession, traffic violations, parole and probation lawyer serving Upstate New York
The Law Office of James L. Riotto is a full-service law firm committed to delivering aggressive, high-quality legal representation at an affordable price. Sole practitioner and experienced criminal defense lawyer James Riotto and his staff focus on providing personalized legal support as they guide you through the complex New York criminal justice system, making sure you clearly understand the legal issues involved in your case.
What sets the firm apart
The firm offers a unique background and strong dedication to client support:
- Clear understanding of the prosecution: Mr. Riotto spent seven years as a New York State Trooper and 10 years in law enforcement. He worked in prosecution before adopting his current focus on criminal defense. His unique background helps him accurately anticipate the opposition’s approach as he develops effective defense cases for his clients.
- Personalized services: Each client receives personal attention not typically available from criminal defense lawyers from large firms. When you face any type of charges — from traffic violations to drug charges — you work directly with Mr. Riotto, who promptly answers your questions and addresses your concerns throughout the legal process.
- Satisfied clients: Mr. Riotto has received the highest client ratings for communication, responsiveness, quality of service and value from Martindale-Hubbell Client Review.
Skilled legal defense for a full range of criminal charges in Ontario County NY
The firm defends individuals against state and federal criminal charges including the following:
- DWI/DUI: Lawyer James Riotto understands the serious consequences of NY DWI convictions. He has the experience needed to protect your rights and build a defense that makes sense for your unique situation.
- Drug crimes: In spite of modifications to New York law designed to provide more judicial discretion when deciding penalties, defendants still face serious consequences if convicted — including fines, imprisonment and a criminal record. Attorney James Riotto provides skilled representation for those charged in Rochester and throughout Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Orleans, Genesee and Livingston counties.
- Juvenile crimes: Under New York law, minors charged with criminal acts must have legal representation. When your children face one of the toughest juvenile justice systems in the United States, they need a criminal defense lawyer with specialized experience in juvenile defense to help ensure the future remains bright.
- Traffic violations: Skilled representation by traffic violation lawyer James Riotto helps individuals in Rochester and surrounding counties protect their records by reducing or eliminating traffic violation points that can quickly lead to the loss of driving privileges.
- Parole and probation: As a probation attorney, Mr. Riotto explores all avenues for helping convicted offenders seek probation in lieu of imprisonment. He intervenes when misunderstandings or minor indiscretions threaten the freedom of individuals serving probation or parole.
Seek immediate support from an experienced criminal defense attorney in Rochester, NY
If you or a loved one faces criminal charges in Rochester or within the counties of Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Orleans, Genesee or Livingston, the Law Office of James L. Riotto protects your rights and works with you to provide the best possible outcome for your case. As a former state trooper with experience in both prosecution and defense, Mr. James L. Riotto offers a unique perspective for every case. He provides personalized support to each client, keeping you informed throughout the legal process and promptly answering all questions. Call us at 866-772-2122 or contact us online.