Rochester Criminal Defense Law Firm
Criminal law attorney serving Monroe County, Orleans County, Livingston County, Wayne County and Genesee County
Even innocent individuals who have been arrested may face aggressive treatment by police working to obtain evidence to build their case. As a former state trooper, criminal law lawyer James L. Riotto has a unique perspective on handling police and prosecuting attorneys. His record of proven results demonstrates that he knows how to protect your rights throughout the legal process.
Criminal defense law firm protecting the rights of their clients
The moment you are arrested, rigorous questioning by law enforcement begins. It continues with a complex legal process determined by the 7th Judicial District City Courts. Your Miranda rights permit you to remain silent and call an attorney. If you face felony or misdemeanor charges, make sure you expressly say that you want police to stop all questioning and that you want to call an attorney to represent you. Then call criminal defense attorney James L. Riotto to protect your rights throughout the criminal process.
The firm defends individuals facing state and federal criminal charges, including the following:
- DWI/DUI: These are far more serious charges than simple traffic violations. As a DWI lawyer James L. Riotto has the experience needed to protect your rights and build a defense that makes sense for your unique situation.
- Drug crimes: Even misdemeanor drug crime convictions result in serious consequences. Take advantage of your right to call criminal law attorneys. If you face charges, Mr. Riotto can provide the personalized support you need.
- Juvenile crimes: Under New York law, minors charged with criminal acts must have legal representation. When your children face one of the toughest juvenile justice systems in the United States, they need an attorney with experience protecting youthful offenders and helping them obtain a second chance for a successful future.
- Traffic violations: Every point added to your driving record brings you one step closer to the suspension or revocation of your driving privileges. Skilled representation by criminal law lawyers can help people in Rochester and surrounding counties protect their records through reduction or elimination of traffic violation charges.
- Parole and probation: Although parole and probation are distinct processes, they have many factors in common, such as the likelihood of incarceration if an offender fails to follow the rules. Lawyer James L. Riotto represents offenders who break the terms of parole or probation, and he can often help convicted offenders get a second chance with probation.
Seek immediate support from an experienced Rochester criminal defense lawyer
If you or a loved one faces criminal charges in Rochester or the surrounding counties, the Law Office of James L. Riotto works with you to provide the best possible outcome. As a former state trooper with experience in both prosecution and defense, Mr. Riotto offers a unique perspective on every case. He provides personalized support, keeping you informed throughout the legal process and promptly answering all questions. Call us at 866-772-2122 or contact us online.